SECURITY TIPS TO KEEP YOU SAVE DURING EASTER
Festive periods like Easter are usually busy times for every one of us as it’s the time during which we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
During this season, many of us will be out for shopping especially as the children will be home for holidays, socializing with friends while some others travel to their home towns to visit loved ones and friends.
It is very important we note that most criminals are opportunists and seasons like this provide just the right opportunity for them to do all sorts of criminal activities.
So, please take note of the following security tips:
- Keep your travel plans offline. This means that you should not broadcast it on social media networks.
- Plan your travelling route, but be prepared for detours.
- Decide on the best departure time. Do not follow the crowd.
- Take rest stops if you’re driving to a far distance.
- Stow your valuables out of sight. Put your valuables in the trunk of your car.
- Always have your cell phone and charger handy.
- Be careful while shopping for there are many pickpockets around shopping malls and markets. So, protect your money and goods.
- Do not leave your valuables in your car as this is an open invitation to criminals.
- Do not move with large sums of money (use mobile money).
- Do not leave your home unattended to, at least leave someone to take care of the home.
- Inform your trusted neighbours that you will be away for a specified period of time.
- Do not leave your mobile devices near windows or doors.
- Loud music attracts burglars, do not play loud music.
- Shut and lock your doors even if you’re going out for a short period of time.
- Make sure your house looks like somebody is home to deter a burglar.
- Always thinks like a boy scout. Be prepared for just about anything, so keep a cache of emergency supplies in your vehicle or home.
- Be especially watchful for suspicious persons during this season.